Saturday May 24th and Sunday May 25th 2014.
Quaker Ridge School U9-U11 NY, SUNY Purchase College, NY U7 – U8 & U12-U14.
Scarsdale Soccer Club and Global Team Events.
Age and Cost:
Saturday May 24th 2014
U7-U8 (Guaranteed 5 games of 18 minutes) $299.
U9-U10 Girls 8v8 (Guaranteed 3 games of 38 minutes) $425
U11 Girls 9v9 (Guaranteed 3 games of 38 minutes) $425
U12 – U14 11v11 Boys and Girls (Guaranteed 3 games of 44 minutes) $450
Sunday May 25th 2014
U9-U10 Boys 8v8 (Guaranteed 3 games of 38 minutes) $425
U11 Boys 9v9 (Guaranteed 3 games of 38 minutes) $425
U7/U8 Games to be completed in a 2 hour window.
U9/U10/U11 Games to be completed in a 4 hour window.
U12+ Games to be completed in a 5hour window.
Monday April 28th 2014
Monday 26th May 2014. In the event of extreme weather, and having to cancel the event, teams will have the option of playing on Monday or receive 50% of the their registration fee back.
1-day format for all teams.
Three game guarantee per team.
1st place will receive a trophy U9-U14.
2nd place will receive medals U9-U14
U7-U8 will receive participation memorabilia.
Great location for all teams in NY, NJ and CT areas.
TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
It is the responsibility of the coach to inform the parents and players
of all rules & regulations
- General Rules of the Game
- All tournament games shall be played under the laws set forth by F.I.F.A., except as modified by these rules.
- US Soccer rules requiring the exclusive use of US Soccer registered referees shall be enforced at U9-U14 age groups. U7-U8 rules are modified to aid skill development.
- Game Duration & Ball Size
- Games lengths, to the extent that weather and schedule permit:
- 18 minute games for U7 & U8.
- 38 Minute games for U9, U10 & U11
- 44 Minute games for U12, U13 & U14
- All age group games will have no half times.
- Size 5 balls shall be used for ages U13 and older, size 4 balls shall be used for ages U12 and younger.
- Tournament play balls will be provided by the Tournament, and will be in the custody of the game officials assigned to the field for each game.
- U7 and U8 teams will play small-sided games with five (5) players on the field.
- U9 and U10 teams will play small-sided games with eight (8) players on the field.
- U11 teams will play small-sided games with nine (9) players on the field.
- U12, U13 and U14 teams will play full-sided games with eleven (11) players on the field.
- 3. Substitutions
- FIFA rules are modified to allow unlimited substitution with the referee’s permission, at every stoppage in play (for example, throw-ins by either team, free kicks, corners, removal of injured player, etc.). Free substitution is allowed for all age groups.
• Players must be clearly standing and waiting AT THE MID-FIELD LINE to be substituted (and not merely waiting “in the vicinity of mid-field”), and the referee’s assistant should be alerted, to the extent possible, of the request to substitute at the next stoppage of play.
• Players standing at midfield should be substituted into the game at the next stoppage of play, unless they remove themselves from the mid-field position prior to the stoppage of play.
- Standings & Results
• All game scores are recorded and will be posted on the website after the Tournament.
• Game cards will be used by the referee to record game results and disciplinary actions. Field marshals will deliver game cards to the registration desk.
• U9-U14 age brackets will compete for ‘winner’ and ‘finalist’ awards. Further instructions will be sent prior to the start of the tournament to all coaches and team managers as to how the different age brackets will be formatted.
• Team standings are based on won-lost record, with tiebreakers to further determine placement.
• Each win counts for three points, each tie for one point.
• Forfeits are recorded as a 2-0 score.
• In the event of tie, head-to-head is determinative, if applicable. Head-to-head shall only be utilized in the event of a two-way tie, and will no longer be utilized in the event of a tie among three or more teams.
• In the further event of a tie, goal differential will be determinative.
• In the further event of a tie, accumulated goals scored shall determine placement.
• In the further event of a tie, accumulated goals against shall determine placement. The team with the fewest goals allowed shall prevail.
• In the further event of a tie, the team with the most wins throughout the group stages shall prevail.
• Finally, teams will conduct a Penalty Kick Shootout. Should a team fail to show up for the scheduled shootout, the tiebreaker will be awarded to the team prepared to participate.
• Each team will designate eleven players to take shots including one goalkeeper. Coin toss winner opts to kick first or last.
• 5 initial shots per team, in an ABABABABAB pattern, until a decisive result is reached.
• If still tied, single alternating penalty kicks, in an AB pattern, until a decisive result is achieved.
• Shootouts may be assigned to a designated area or field.
• A five minute grace period will be allowed from scheduled kickoff time. Teams must be present and ready to play at the scheduled time or forfeit the game. Nonetheless, Tournament officials will have the option to shorten, reschedule or otherwise create such circumstances as will allow a game to be played on the field rather than be won by forfeit.
• A minimum of 4 (four) players constitutes a team for 5v5 games.
• A minimum of 6 (six) players constitutes a team for 8v8 games.
• A minimum of 7 (seven) players constitutes a team for 11v11
• A forfeit will be recorded as a two to zero result.
• The Tournament Committee will review abandoned games on a case-by-case basis.
• The determination of the Tournament Committee is final.
- 6. Registration and Eligibility
• Tournament headquarters for the direction of all administrative matters is Global team Events , 210 Malapardis Road, Suite 101, Cedar Knolls, NJ, 07927. 973-631-9802. Contact person is Robert Glancy. 973-270-3923.
• All teams must register at least one hour before their first game at the Field Headquarters at the site of their first game. (Should there be a pre-Registration available, team managers will be advised by email communications; usually there will not.)
• At initial registration each team shall provide a photocopy of the official team roster. The roster must include a uniform number for each rostered, guest or loan player, which must remain constant for the entire tournament. If circumstances require a change in uniform number for any game, that change must be reported in advance to the officials on-site.
• At Check-in a team representative must present and have available the properly certified roster for the team for that weekend (specifically indicating which players are participating that day), player passes with photo IDs for each participating player and an Authorization for Medical Treatment form (commonly referred to as a Medical Release) executed for each player. The Authorization should ideally be notarized (although not mandatory if not required by the governing body) and must have been executed within the last twelve months. Any teams requiring permission to travel should have the necessary forms from their state and have it present at registration. Information will be presented to the registration desk at the site.
• All players must be registered youth soccer players in good standing with an appropriate governing body. Players must be on a team’s official roster or be an approved loan player / guest player duly registered.
• The Game day Roster for 11v11 teams must be submitted containing no more than eighteen (18) players who will be deemed eligible to play for the team on that date, including rostered players and guests. Each team will be allowed up to 5 guest players from outside teams. The 18 listed players, rostered and guest, can vary from day to day.
• For 9v9, 8v8 teams, no roster may have more than 16 players.
- 7. Discipline
• Coaches, players and spectators are required to conduct themselves within the Laws of the Game.
• All disciplinary measures imposed by the Tournament Committee shall be limited to participation in the Showcase.
• Notwithstanding section 8.b. above, cautions and ejections based on violent behavior, such as referee assault, will be referred to the appropriate governing body as required by such governing body’s rules and regulations. A player or coach accumulating 2 yellow cards will be suspended for one game.
• Players, coaches or any team official ejected from any game shall be suspended for at least one additional game, as mandated by F.I.F.A. Such players and coaches will not be with the team during the next match(es). They can be on the opposite side of the field and watch the game as spectators.
• Spectators ejected from the field must leave promptly, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the game in which their team is participating and / or resort to civil authorities.
• Additional penalties may be imposed, as deemed fit and necessary by the Tournament Committee.
- 8. No Abusive Behavior:
- While at the fields, any coach, parent, team official, player or spectator threatening violence or verbal abuse to any individual will immediately be ejected from the tournament and the team may be ejected from the tournament. This type of behavior is not acceptable at this event and will not be tolerated.
- 9. Fields / Parking:
- Please car pool as much as possible. Parking is limited at all sites.
- No Parking on grass, unless clearly designated as a parking area. Follow parking patterns at all times. Obey speed limits. Tickets will be issued.
- Please Pick up your trash on and off the fields. Be nice.
- No pets, No smoking, No alcohol. Just soccer.
- 10. Inclement Weather
- Prior to the morning of the event, Tournament officials will use all available means to post weather updates, including website updates, emails to team contacts and the use of a Weather Hotline phone number.
- Unless clearly advised otherwise by a Tournament official, all teams and coaches must arrive at the scheduled field and time regardless of weather conditions. Failure to appear will result in a forfeit, which is scored as a two to zero loss, and may result in the rescheduling or loss of a team’s future games at the Tournament.
- In the event of stoppage of play due to severe weather conditions, a single team representative is required to report to the Headquarters Station fifteen minutes after stoppage has occurred, at which time the remaining schedule may by resumed, cancelled, modified or any decision further postponed for another defined length, pending receipt of information to formulate a definitive resolution.
- In the case of inclement weather, the Tournament Committee has the authority to change, cancel or reschedule any game and / or its format.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions that dictate cancellation or modifications of the format that day, the Tournament Committee will determine what portion, if any, of the registration, referee and field fees are to be refunded after all associated expenses and costs of the event have been paid for.
- THE DECISIONS OF THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE ARE ALWAYS FINAL.
- 11. Communication
- The official Tournament website ishttp://www.globalteamevents.com/our-tournaments/14th-annual-scarsdale-memorial-day/
- Teams are responsible for accessing the website for schedules and other relevant information. Note that upon accessing a frequently updated webpage, individuals should click Refresh on their web Browsers to ensure that the information being accessed is the most current.
- Teams should leave a cell phone number at the registration desk at the start of each weekend event, at check-in to assist in communications in the event of weather-related issues. The Team Contact’s cell phone must be in operation over the course of the event.
- Tournament officials will attempt to update the website, send group or individual email messages, create a voice message Hotline, or call cell phone numbers to provide necessary information, but are not responsible for any failure to reach any given team or its members, during the course of an event.
12. General Information
- For U9-U14 games USSF registered Referees will typically be utilized, assigned by a USSF certified Assignor.
- Coaches, players and their fans are expected to conduct themselves within the Spirit of the game. In this regard the Tournament Committee reserves the right to take disciplinary action as necessary.
- Under no circumstances will the Tournament Committee or staff be responsible for any part of any other expenses incurred by any team due to, but not limited to, part or whole cancellation of the Tournament due to circumstances beyond the Committee’s control (e.g., weather, facility operations, road closings, etc.).
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to decide on any/all matters and its interpretation of these rules shall be final. No protests will be entertained.
- All teams should shake hands at the end of each game as a gesture of friendship and sportsmanship.
- Referee decisions may not be protested or disputed.
Enjoy the tournament. Have fun. Play hard.
Set a positive example to all players, parents & coaches!